GeoLinks’ Client Installation Manager, Matt Alinaya has been a big part of our growth over the last few years. From climbing towers and traversing rooftops to making sure our installation teams are prepared for the day ahead, Matt makes sure that our client installations go smoothly and efficiently. But did you know that Matt was also once named a World Champion in a Filipino martial arts competition? We recently sat down with him to learn more:
- Let’s start with the basics, what’s your role at GeoLinks?
I ensure that client installations run smoothly and effectively and I work hand-in-hand with sales, engineering, customer service and dispatch to complete them in a timely manner.
- What’s your favorite part about working for GeoLinks?
There is a collaborative goal between everyone in the company to continue growing and maximizing our success. It’s a fun and motivating atmosphere to be a part of.
- What is one of the most interesting things you’ve worked on at GeoLinks?
I’ve worked on jobs for some of our high-profile clients. As a sports fan, it’s definitely been a highlight to meet some of the professional athletes that we’ve completed installations for.
- What makes GeoLinks different from any other internet service provider?
It’s our dedication to delivering the highest quality service, not only in terms of our internet, but in how we deliver the highest level of customer service.
- Outside of work, what is your favorite past time or hobby?
Besides spending time with my family, I love playing basketball and working on my cars. And since I love working on cars so much, I end up working on a lot of my coworkers’ and friends’ vehicles as well.
- What’s something most of your coworkers don’t know about you?
When I was 14, I won the world championship for stick fighting, a Filipino martial art known as Kali or Arnis. It’s the national sport of the Philippines.
- What does your average day at GeoLinks look like?
It’s definitely never the same. I do everything from making sure that our installation technicians have what they need for the day ahead, to tracking inventory and creating scopes of work for upcoming jobs. Some days I also go into the field and assist our installation teams for quality assurance. I want to make sure that they have the tools and training they need to complete their job at the highest level and that they continue to follow safety measures to maintain our consistently high industry-safety rankings.
- If you could have any job, other than your current job, what would you be doing?
I’d be either a professional race car driver or a pro basketball player.
- What is your favorite book and why?
Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki. It opened my eyes to the power of financial literacy.
- What’s next…what are you most excited for when you think of the future with GeoLinks?
I’m excited about the limitless potential that GeoLinks possesses. Being able to see how a start-up company like ours was built into what we are today gets me excited about what is possible in the future.