1. Let’s start with the basics, what’s your role at GeoLinks?
As Helpdesk Manager, I oversee the Helpdesk, which is responsible for responding to client support tickets, and assisting our FieldOps technicians on installations.
2. What’s your favorite part about working for GeoLinks?
The company culture and environment. Everyone here takes great pride in the work that we do. We have created a friendly, family-like environment where we can share ideas with each other with ease. The game room and arcade are a plus as well!
3. What came before GeoLinks; did you always know you wanted to be an engineer?
Not always! I’ve always had an interest in technology, primarily through playing video games. Prior to this job I was working for a video production company, at first assisting with inventory, later moving to the installation side. It was there where my interest in technology expanded and eventually led me to pursue a career in Networking.
4. What makes GeoLinks’ ClearFiber™ network different from other fixed wireless networks?
We’re always working to expand our already diverse network to cover areas other providers don’t service. In addition, we constantly work to improve our existing network.
5. Outside of work…what is your favorite past time or hobby?
It’s too hard to pick just one! I think most people in the office know I’m a big sports fan. Go Niners and Giants! Other than that I’m really passionate about playing music, and I’ve been training on Muay Thai kickboxing the last year or so.
6. What’s something most of your coworkers don’t know about you?
I spent part of my childhood in England, from the ages of 5 to 8, and my entire extended family still live there. I try to make it back as often as I can.
7. What does an average day as GeoLinks Helpdesk Manager look like?
I work closely with our engineering team to ensure our support tickets are handled with care and in a timely manner. I also work closely with our operations managers to ensure our new circuit installations go smoothly.
8. You are allowed to do anything you want, anywhere in the world, for one whole day…what do you do, and where do you go?
Either hang out on the beach and surf in Maui, or see the sights in New York. I’ve never been.
9. Do you have a favorite quote or mantra you live by? Please share!
It’s simple, treat others with the same kindness and respect in which you wish to be treated.
10. What’s next…what are you most excited for when you think of your future with GeoLinks?
I look forward to seeing our network continue to diversify and expand, and I look forward to helping our company grow however I can.