Pursuant to California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) Decisions (D.)18-08-004 and 19-08-025, emergency disaster relief customer protections shall become effective when a disaster has caused a loss/disruption or degradation to a utility’s service and the Governor of California or the President of the United States declares a State of Emergency. These protections must be made available to any impacted customer for one year or until the utility has full restoration of its services.
The following Emergency Customer Protections will be provided to impacted GeoLinks residential and small business telephone customers:
- Waiver of one-time activation fee for establishing remote call forwarding, remote access to call forwarding, call forwarding features and messaging services;
- Waiver of the monthly rate for one month for remote call forwarding, remote access to call forwarding, call forwarding, call forwarding features, and messaging services;
- Waiver of the service charge for installation of service at the temporary or new permanent location of the customer and again when the customer moves back to the premises;
- Waiver of the fee for one jack and associated wiring at the temporary location regardless of whether the customer has an Inside Wire Plan;
- Waiver of the fee for up to five free jacks and associated wiring for Inside Wiring Plan customers upon their return to their permanent location; and
- Waiver of the fee for one jack and associated wiring for non-Inside Wiring Plan customers upon their return to their permanent location.