We’re pleased to announce another addition to our team, in the form of telecom industry expert, Hugh Vujnovich as our newest Channel Manager. We sat down with Hugh to learn a little more about his background and the unique value he brings to agent partners.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself, Hugh. How did you break into the telecom industry.
In my early 20’s, I started traveling, as many of my fellow Kiwis are known to do. I was actually on my way to Europe and I ended up in California! As you might expect of a young man in his early 20’s, I ran out of money rather quickly and I needed a job. My background was in engineering, but I ended up finding a job in the telecom industry. After working in the role for about 18 months, I realized I really had a knack for it, so I went out and started my own company.
- That certainly is an interesting route you took to California and to telecom. What was your experience like running your own business within the industry?
I loved helping my employees evolve and grow, as I did with our partners. Telecom hardware distribution and the channel are kindred spirits. It is your job to educate, nurture, and empower resellers as well as agents with the tools and knowledge needed to sell your solution.
- Given your experience, what do you see as the biggest value you can provide to partners as a GeoLinks Channel manager?
It is the expertise and the consultative approach we take for our agents that enable them to succeed in the market place.
- With all the change you’ve seen in the industry over the years, what’s one piece of advice you would give your younger self?
The transition from CAPEX to OPEX revenue has been the biggest change I have seen and a difficult challenge for some but as long as we remember it’s the relationship with our agents and their relationship with their customers that provides the path to success for all of us, you will be successful.
- That sounds like advice that applies to the modern day as well. Is there anything else you’d like to add? Any personal details?
Well I’m a SoCal guy now and I know the market very well. I’ve been here in Costa Mesa for the last 25 years. My wife and I raised our three kids here and just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. I guess the only thing to add would be that if you work with me, you should know I only support two teams: the New Zealand All Blacks and anybody playing Australia!
- Good to know, Hugh. What’s the best way to get in touch with you?