1. Let’s start with the basics, what’s your role at GeoLinks?
My title is Accounts Payable Specialist, and I currently handle all Accounts Payable tasks. This includes making payments to vendors, vendor relations, tracking our expenses, and any other accounting tasks that have to do with Accounts Payable. I also assist with Accounts Receivable and Agent Commissions.
2. What came before GeoLinks? How did you find your way into the world of accounting?
Before Accounting I was interested in Architecture and IT. My father owns a concrete business, and I thought we would make the perfect duo. Of course being 20, in college, and finding out what life is all about, I ended up choosing a different route. Technology is so interconnected, and I have always been one to take devices apart, so I thought IT was for me. Doing IT in my previous job, I got the opportunity to work with a CPA doing some light accounting work. At the time I was taking accounting classes to finish my General Ed at SBCC, and it came to me that Accounting was my calling. I now have 5+ years of accounting experience as well as IT and customer service. I also currently handle the books for my father’s business.
3. What’s your favorite part about working for GeoLinks?
My favorite part of working for GeoLinks is how relaxed and awesome the culture is here. Having a gym and arcade next to your office beats anything out there. I also love how management makes it so easy for your ideas to be heard, and they make sure you are doing well both inside and outside of work.
4. What do you think makes GeoLinks different from its competitors?
Being a local and living in Ventura and Santa Barbara counties for many years, I have never seen a WISP/ISP that is willing to do more than just provide basic Telecommunications services until I learned of GeoLinks. When the local fires erupted here, I was directly affected because I commuted almost daily from Santa Barbara to Oxnard and vice versa. The work we’re doing with UCSD with fire cameras will definitely put us on the map nationwide.
5. Outside of work…what is your favorite past time or hobby?
I am very into sports, specifically football, soccer, basketball, and baseball.
Chargers, Real Madrid, Lakers, and Dodgers baby! On top of that, I love video games, mainly ones that involve multiplayer modes.
6. What’s something most of your coworkers don’t know about you?
I fix cell phones/tablets/laptops as a side hustle. I have been doing it for more than 5 years and counting. Lately I haven’t done much due to working full time and going to school, but if you need your screen replaced, don’t hesitate to contact me! I also cut my own hair and have been doing it for the past 6 years.
7. Rumor has it that the accounting team is a lively and outgoing department – care to share one of your favorite memories with your team so far?
I would probably say the best time we have had was during our kickball tournament for corporate games, alongside Sales, CSR, and HR. We placed 3rd out of 17 teams.
8. You are allowed to do anything you want, anywhere in the world, for one whole day…what do you do and where do you go?
I would have to say go to Germany, as I took 5 years of German throughout high school and college combined. If it’s for one day, I would take my G37 to the Nurburgring track in Nürburg, Germany and push my car to the limits.
9. Do you have a favorite quote or mantra you live by? Please share!
Never hesitate or think of the what ifs.
10. What’s next…what are you most excited for when you think of your future with GeoLinks?
I think GeoLinks has a bright future and will become the leader of the Telecommunications industry. With ongoing projects such as the Fire Cameras, we will continue to have exposure that will make us stand out from the competition. I am happy to be a part of a company that is willing to use its technology to save lives and the environment.