1. Let’s start with the basics, what’s your role at GeoLinks?
Business Development Representative. As a GeoLinks’ BDR, I primarily work with and manage our Indirect Sales relationships and partnerships within the Channel and Wholesale.
2. What’s your favorite product or service that GeoLinks offers?
The product that I am most proud of has to be our ClearFiber™ solution. It has continued to change the way the industry thinks of Fixed Wireless while simultaneously diversifying the market for Internet solutions.
3. Outside of work…what is your favorite pastime or hobby?
Spending time with my wife and daughter. Granted, my daughter is only 7 months old, so usually that time is spent on walks, throwing toys out of a basket because she is more interested in the basket itself, and making a mess of pureed sweet potatoes.
4. What’s something that most GeoLinks’ clients might not know about the company?
That we started out of the very small rural community of Ojai, Califonia. It is the reason we care so deeply about bringing broadband into underserved areas across California and America. I never knew about the Digital Divide before working for GeoLinks. The fact that schools and communities are still without high speed internet, is simply shocking to me. I am proud to work for a company who is actively working on closing that divide.
5. What’s something most of your coworkers don’t know about you?
Probably that I play and write music. It isn’t something I talk about a lot but has been one of my longest hobbies.
6. Do you have any cool or unique client case studies you could share with us?
One of the things I always love to share is how we brought a reliable multi-gigabit circuit to the island of Catalina using Fixed Wireless technology. We were able to accomplish something that no other WISP had been able to do by integrating multiple links for redundancy with automatic failover, over 30+ miles of ocean.
7. You are allowed to do anything you want, anywhere in the world, for one whole day…what do you do and where do you go?
I would take my family to the Cliffs of Moher and explore Ireland as much as possible. I have a decent amount of Irish heritage but have never been myself. That is something I would love to experience with my wife and daughter.
8. Do you have a favorite quote or mantra you live by?
“We are what we believe we are” – C.S. Lewis.
We live in a society that is driven by what people think about us and who we are. We develop that as a personal belief about ourselves, and in turn, start to reflect that in our actions and thoughts. If you are able to tune that out, learn who you are, and start believing positive things about yourself, you can go pretty far in life. It is amazing what our opinion of ourselves can do to our lives.
9. What’s your favorite part about being a Business Development Representative?
For me, it is all about the people. I get to build lasting relationships, work with new people, and solve new problems every day. It keeps me on my toes and is never boring!
10. What’s next…what are you most excited for when you think of your future with GeoLinks?
We are a company that moves, adapts, evolves, and pushes hard to close the Digital Divide. So the thing I am most excited for is to continue to be a part of that in any way that I can.