One of GeoLinks’ most recent hires, Frankie Garcia joined the team in June. We sat down with him to learn a little more about what his transition into his new role has been like.
- Let’s start with the basics, what’s your role at GeoLinks?
I am an Accounting Clerk. I process all payments and checks for our customers, handle new customer invoicing and I’m the main one that handles any billing questions.
- What’s your favorite part about working for GeoLinks?
The atmosphere and the culture that is instilled here. Our relaxed dress code allows you to feel unique, like an individual while still being part of professional, corporate environment.
- Being a recent hire, how has your onboarding and transition gone?
Being new and transitioning into the role, it’s been a great opportunity to learn a broad set of skills in accounting. There’s been a lot of new material, but my supervisors have been great at showing me the nuances needed to do my job. For someone new and entry level, I feel very supported.
- Outside of work, what is your favorite past time or hobby?
I enjoy being in nature a lot. Going hiking and going to the beach are my favorite pastimes. I enjoy music a lot and have quite a variety in my musical tastes.
- What’s something most of your coworkers don’t know about you?
I’m a gamer. I play computer games. League of Legends is my favorite.
- If you could have any job, other than your current job, what would you be doing?
I would ideally like to work for a non-profit. One that works with combating pollution, particularly cleaning up our oceans.
- If you could live in any other time period, when would it be?
I would go back to the renaissance area and see what it was like to be in Florence during that time.
- What is your favorite movie and why?
The Lion King… It’s a classic.
- What’s next…what are you most excited for when you think of the future with GeoLinks?
The potential for our company’s growth and the chance to be a part of it. Personally, I’m just excited about the opportunities that it will bring for me.