1. Let’s start with the basics, what’s your role at GeoLinks?
I’m one of GeoLinks’ Project Coordinators. I help both our team and our clients with basically anything and everything that is needed in the sales process. I can be qualifying an address one minute, and the next I can be helping draw up a proposal, updating orders, or sending post-install information to end users.
2. What’s your favorite part about working for GeoLinks?
I love my team, as well as the great work-life balance. Working here, you don’t get shot down when you have questions, and everyone has an open-door policy. I can even go to our C-level management with questions, and they are always willing to genuinely hear me out and answer. Same thing goes for the rest of the team. Also, never a dull moment here…I work with some funny people!
3. Not having a telecom background, what drew you to the industry, and what elements of telecom do you find the most interesting?
I find the ever-changing platforms within the industry, and the way our team adapts and evolves accordingly, incredibly interesting. For example, we recently starting offering SD-WAN. I was able to witness our teams’ brilliant behind-the-scenes R&D transpire into the physical product our sales team now sells daily!
4. What do you think makes GeoLinks different from its competitors?
The passion, efficiency, and collaborative dedication that each and every member of our team demonstrates daily. For example, GeoLinks provided a free same-day circuit to Red Cross during the recent local wildfires.
5. Outside of work…what is your favorite past time or hobby?
I love kickboxing and Krav Maga. I took a break for a bit but I plan to start back up soon! I’m also a big fan of the entertainment industry, so catching up on the newest shows and movies at home is where you can find me after work. I also enjoy finding new local and unique businesses to support. There is a lot of momentum coming from the younger generations, and it’s exciting!
6. What’s something most of your coworkers don’t know about you?
Hmm, that’s a hard one. I’m an open book. But I would have to say that I have an extremely eclectic taste in music. Some current genres I’m listening to are classical music, country, and old school hip hop, amongst others.
7. Born and raised in Southern California, what are your top three favorite things about working and living in Ventura County?
I’ve been lucky to live close to where I work, so the short commute and living near family definitely tops the list. Next I would say is the weather! Lastly, I enjoy the proximity to LA and Santa Barbara County. While nearby, Ventura County still maintains a small town feel which I love.
8. You are allowed to do anything you want, anywhere in the world, for one whole day…what do you do and where do you go?
I would go to Paris! It’s been on my bucket list for a while. I would visit Versailles, the Eiffel Tower, and roam the streets eating all the French cuisine I possibly could!
9. Do you have a favorite quote or mantra you live by?
Hustle hard, stay humble.
10. What’s next…what are you most excited for when you think of your future with GeoLinks?
I’m a person that likes to learn everything about my position no matter what I am doing, so expanding into a Project Manager role would be awesome! Also, I am excited about all the opportunities that arise in this company, and how quickly they can come about; I’m also grateful about all the talent I get to work alongside. I’m an optimist if you can’t tell. The sky’s the limit!